Within an Engrade school, administrators can upload student rosters in bulk. Teachers at the school can then enroll students from the school's student roster in their classes.
- Select Students on the left sidebar.
- Hover over the Add Students button and select Upload Roster CSV to upload many students at once.
- Click Download a CSV template here to initiate a download of the required template file.
- Enter each students’ information onto a separate row of the CSV file, ensuring you do not modify or delete any information in the column headers. It is not necessary to fill in all of the cells; only the student ID number, first name and last name columns are required. Save the file to your computer as a CSV. Please note: If you are using a Mac computer, you will need to be sure you save the file as a Windows-Formatted CSV.
- Navigate back to the Roster Upload page and select Browse.
- Locate your saved file, and click Upload CSV to upload the students.
- On the following page, you will see your CSV information loaded into a grid. Review each students’ information for correctness, ensuring the correct data is displayed in each column. If you notice any errors, click No, Cancel correct the errors in your CSV file, re-save the file to your computer and upload the revised roster.
- If everything is correct, click Yes, Add Students to add the students to your school.
If you experience any problems uploading your roster, review our Troubleshoot School Roster File article.