Create Averaged Class
If you have several grading periods worth of classes, you may want to average these classes at the end of the year or semester to calculate semester or yearly averages.
Please note: Do not attempt to average classes before your grades are completely finalized. The averages do not update if grades are changed after the classes have been averaged. Any changes that need to be made after the classes have been averaged will need to be done manually.
- Click on Classes on the blue bar at the top of the page.
- Select Average Classes on the left sidebar.
- On the New Averaged Class page, you can select from your available, active classes which grades should be included in your desired average. Please note: Make sure all of your classes are in the Active class list. If your classes are archived or trashed, they will not appear as options on this page.
- In the New Class Name field, enter the name of your new averaged class. For example, "Final Grades for History Class." Select the appropriate school year and grading period from the drop-down menus.
- Under the Classes heading, you have the option to select up to 5 classes for which you can average grades. Click the drop-down menu to the right of Class 1 and select from your active classes. Repeat the process for each class you would like included in your averaged class.
- To the right of the selected classes, you will see a field called Weight %. In each of these boxes, type the numerical weight at which each selected class should be weighted. For example, if you selected four classes, you may choose to weight each class at 25%. Please note: These weights must add up to exactly 100%.
- Under the Assignments heading, you can enter any final assignments, such as final exams, that make up a percentage of the overall grade.
- Click the Submit button to create the averaged class.
Adjust Averaged Class Grades
If you find that you need to adjust a student’s average after you have gone through the averaging process, you will need to manually adjust the student’s grades in the averaged class's Gradebook.
- Select the name of the averaged class for which you would like to update students' averaged grades.
- Make any desired changes to students' grades in the Gradebook. Please note: Any changes made in the averaged class will not be reflected in the original class's Gradebooks.